Fastest way to become influential in your field is to start serving as many people as you can. Because building influence is not about you, it’s about the people you serve.
So, stop wondering how you can build influence. Start thinking how you can serve people and make their lives a little better.
Now the real question arises. Who do I serve and how?
And then the excuses start coming in.
I am not an expert. I have confidence issues. I don’t know anything that can help people. I want money. I want sales.
Does this sound familiar? Actually, a few months ago this was pretty much the same situation I was in.
Then one day, I read somewhere that SELF-DOUBT and EXCUSES wont get you anywhere.
Now when I look back I feel happy and satisfied that I got over all the BS that was going on in my head and started ‘Whole Lotta Leads’
Here is the little secret that will help you to get started –
“On your last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” — Anonymous
Remember every great person was once a nobody. You don’t need to be an expert to become successful. You don’t need to be the most charismatic person in the room, and you don’t need to know everything. Infact it is ok even if you are at level zero in your professional life at this moment.
The only thing you need to become an influencer is to start contributing ASAP in whatever way you can.
Think what skills you already have that you can use to help someone. Notice I said skills which you already have not the skills you wish you had.
May be you know how to create images for social media or how to use WordPress, or how to create a brochure or how to use excel. It could be anything. There is always someone out there who is struggling with what you know and needs some help.
You don’t need to be a genius to succeed in business. You don’t need that new hot skill or a degree or a certification.
Please note I am not suggesting that you stop learning new skills. I am just saying make use of those skills which you already have.
May be there are already a ton of people out there with the same skillset that you have. Yes its true that there are a lot of people who know what you know. But that’s OK.
Beacuse the number of people who care about their customers is very few.
Are you willing to take personal responsibility for delivering results to your customers? If you are, then you can stand out in a crowded marketplace and build a successful business.
What you need is the determination and the discipline to give your best in everything you do.
The reality is that the time is limited. You can’t learn everything even if you commit to lifelong learning. Years slip by very fast and influence is not something that you can build overnight.
Here are my 7 tips to help you build influence
- Start with what you know, serve people and commit to life long learning. Hold yourself accountable to achieve your daily goals. Accountability is the key to transform your life and business.
- Surround yourself with people you admire. Network with those who are influential in your field and ask them for help. If they are not accessible, then reach out to people who are a few steps ahead of you. Remember the principle of association which says “Who you will be 5 years from today essentially comes down to 2 primary influences
The people you spend your days with and the books you read.”
- Keep moving forward every single day. Love what you do.
- Building influence and successful business comes down to building solid, lasting relationships. Commit yourself to being the most authentic, polite and punctual person that you know.
- Get to know the community you serve. Host a meetup event. Discover their problems.
- Create valuable content for your tribe. Start a blog or write a book so that you can reach more people & build more relationships.
- You cant make everyone happy.
If you enjoyed this post please share it with others, if you didn’t please let me know in the comments below.